This Limited Warranty describes your warranty rights concerning your new 9X Media products and should be maintained in a secure location for your future reference. The warranty is subject to change.
9X Media provides a limited two (2) year warranty on all new 9X Media-branded products purchased for delivery or installation in the U.S., Canada, or Mexico - this excludes DLP bulbs which do not carry any warranty. All 9X Media products shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the warranty period. Consult your packing slip or invoice for any special warranty information that applies to your specific product.
This warranty protects against defects in materials and workmanship that are discovered and reported to 9X Media during the two year warranty period. The warranty period begins upon the delivery of the product, which is later, and ends at midnight of the two year anniversary of the delivery installation. For products that are installed by 9X Media the warranty period begins upon the completion of installation.
What Is Not Covered By This Limited Warranty?
This limited warranty does not cover:
Waiver Of Implied Warranties
- Software, including the operating system and software added to the 9X Media-branded hardware products through our factory-integration system, third-party software, or the reloading of software
- DLP projector lamps
- Non-9X Media branded and Solution Provider Direct products and accessories
- Problems that result from:
- External causes such as accident, abuse, misuse, or problems with electrical power
- Servicing not authorized by 9X Media
- Usage that is not in accordance with product instructions
- Failure to follow the product instructions or failure to perform preventive maintenance
- Problems caused by using accessories, parts, or components not supplied by 9X Media
- Products with missing or altered Service Tags or serial numbers
- Products for which 9X Media has not received payment
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE (OR JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION). 9X MEDIA'S RESPONSIBILITY FOR MALFUNCTIONS AND DEFECTS IN HARDWARE IS LIMITED TO REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT AS SET FORTH IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES FOR THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN TIME TO THE TERM OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD REFLECTED ON YOUR PACKING SLIP OR INVOICE. NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD HAS EXPIRED. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
No Additional Warranties Or Damages
WE DO NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES PROVIDED FOR IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LIABILITY FOR THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU FOR DAMAGES, FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE, OR FOR LOST DATA OR LOST SOFTWARE. OUR LIABILITY WILL BE NO MORE THAN THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE PRODUCT THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF A CLAIM. THIS IS THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT FOR WHICH WE ARE RESPONSIBLE.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Exceptions To Limited Two Year Warranty Period
The warranty period of two (2) years does not apply to the following 9X Media-branded hardware:
No Extension Of Warranty Period
- Portable computer batteries carry the lesser of either a 1-year limited warranty or the length of the limited warranty for the 9X Media computer with which the battery is shipped.
- Your PERC5 battery may provide up to 72 hours of controller cache memory backup power when new. Under the 1-year limited warranty, we warrant that the battery will provide at least 24 hours of backup coverage during the 1-year limited warranty period.
- Projector lamps carry a 90-day limited warranty.
- Memory carries a lifetime limited warranty.
- The limited warranty for monitors purchased independent of a system lasts for the time period indicated on your packing slip. Monitors purchased with a system are covered by the system limited warranty.
- PDAs, earphones, and remote inline controls carry a 1-year limited warranty.
- Other add-on hardware carries the longer of either a 1-year limited warranty for new parts and a 90-day limited warranty for reconditioned parts or, for both new and reconditioned parts, the remainder of the warranty for the 9X Media computer on which such parts are installed.
The warranty period is not extended if we repair or replace a warranted product or any parts. 9X Media may change the availability of limited warranties, at its discretion, but any changes will not be retroactive. Replacement parts and systems are covered for the remaining period of the limited warranty. 9X Media owns all parts removed from repaired products.
What Do I Do If I Need Warranty Service?
Before the warranty expires, please call us at the relevant number listed in the following table. Please also have your 9X Media Service Tag or order number available.
Contact us for Technical Support
Phone - toll free in the USA: 1-877-349-9999 / International: 1-408-399-2299
Warranty Services During The First Year (Or Lesser Warranty Period)
During the first year of warranty coverage (or during the 90 days of any 90-day limited warranty), we will repair any 9X Media-branded hardware products returned to us that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship. If we are not able to repair the product, we will replace it with a comparable product that is new or refurbished.
When you contact us, we will issue a Return Material Authorization Number for you to include with your return. You must return the products to us in their original or equivalent packaging, prepay shipping charges, and insure the shipment or accept the risk if the product is lost or damaged in shipment. We will return the repaired or replacement products to you. We will pay to ship the repaired or replaced products to you if you use an address in the United States (excluding Puerto Rico and U.S. possessions and territories). Otherwise, we will ship the product to you freight collect.
If we determine that the problem is not covered under this warranty, we will notify you and inform you of service alternatives that are available to you on a fee basis.
NOTE: Before you ship the product(s) to us, make sure to back up the data on the hard drive(s) and any other storage device(s) in the product(s). Remove any confidential, proprietary, or personal information and removable media such as floppy disks, CDs, or PC Cards. We are not responsible for any of your confidential, proprietary, or personal information; lost or corrupted data; or damaged or lost removable media.
Warranty Services After The First Year
For any remaining period of a limited warranty we will replace any defective part with new or refurbished parts. At 9X Media's option, we may provide you with replacement product before you return the defective products. In such a case we will require a valid credit card number at the time you request a replacement part, but we will not charge you for the replacement part as long as you return the original part to us within 30 days after we ship the replacement part to you. If we do not receive the original part within 30 days, we will charge to your credit card the then-current standard price for that part.
We will pay to ship the part to you if you use an address in the United States, (excluding Puerto Rico and U.S. possessions and territories). Otherwise, we will ship the part freight collect. We will also include a prepaid shipping container with each replacement part for your use in returning the replaced part to us.
NOTE: Before you replace parts, make sure to back up the data on the hard drive(s) and any other storage device(s) in the product(s). We are not responsible for lost or corrupted data.
Warranty Service Under A Service Contract
If you have a service contract with 9X Media, service will be provided to you under the terms of the service agreement. Please refer to that contract for details on how to obtain service.
Transferring A Limited Warranty?
Limited warranties on systems may be transferred if the current owner transfers ownership of the system and records the transfer with us. The limited warranty on 9X Media-branded memory may not be transferred. You may record your transfer by going to 9X Media's Web site: www.9xmedia.com/support.
If you do not have Internet access, call your customer care representative or call U.S. Toll Free: 1-877-349-9999 / International: 1-408-399-2299